March 25, 2011

Going in Circles

E Cowart
I made this for the Pinhole Collage at the end of the first semester.  This is created from about twenty different pinhole pictures taken by First Period. This is my favorite image because I have put several hours into making it. Even though I did not take the pinhole pictures, I am proud that I was able to add my own flair to them and make the pictures my own.  I have edited it (added a color scheme, enhanced the colors, changed certain pinwheels etc.) over the past few weeks. Each pinwheel consists of one pinhole picture. Each pinhole picture was edited down to the subject, then the opacity was reduced to 7%, and the image rotate 57 times at 7.6 degrees. Once I was happy with the composition, I used original gradients to color the grayscale pinwheels.

4 comments:

Corey HH-HHS said...

This is a really cool picture and I love how everything blends well together. Great job and keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I finally get to see it! The use of actions to rotate the photos was ingenious, and it turned out really well. Very seashells and sombreros. One of the more creative uses of pinhole photos I've seen. -JB SPHS

Ali Hval said...

I love all the radial images in here-- they look like they're spinning. Even though you've got so many colors going on, it all looks so nice since some are very muted and everything is just arranged so well. Good job!
-A.H. SPHS

Anonymous said...

I really love the circles. I love the different colors and shape of the circle. The neon blue looks cool. Mbau SPHS