March 23, 2011

Clear as Crystal

A Marcum
This is a picture I took of the chandelier in my dining room. I really like the composition of it and how a few beads are the only things in focus. The background looks sort of grainy but I like that it turned out that way because it makes the photograph look older. I turned up the contrast and saturation to make the picture look sort of antique-like and more dramatic. I was wearing a bright blue shirt and didn't realize I was standing in front of a mirror until after I took the picture so I used the clone tool to edit the blue out.

5 comments:

Ali Hval said...

This is so pretty! I love how the light reflects off the glass beads and ornaments and how the background is so blurred. I also like how you decreased the saturation to add a vintage feel so it. The colors in this picture are wonderful!

-SPHS A.H.

Anonymous said...

I love the clarity of the glass in this picture. and the focus of the beads.
KP SPHS

Anonymous said...

This picture has a very good layout! I love the different glass on the lamp and the different depths that the image makes your eye go to.

MNK SPHS

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! I wasn't actually sure what I was looking at to begin with, but those are often my favorite photos. Everything in the photo is just so interesting to look at. I think that the composition really works. I don't usually like busy photographs with a lot going on, but I am a fan of this one.

snb. sphs.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. I was not exactly sure what it was until you told me. I really like abstract pictures that you have to analyze to figure out what it is. The angle you took this at makes an ordinary thing look amazing. The balance of the foreground and background is also really nice. Good Job :)

-CD SPHS